|Start / Finish:||Queenstown|
Nothing you have experienced will have you prepared for the thrill and excitement of a Shotover Jet ride; it's an adrenaline rush you'll never forget!
From the moment the accelerator hits the floor your adrenaline hits the roof as you speed in mere centimetres of water along the famous Shotover River and deep into the spectacular Shotover River Canyons. It's an amazing ride, as the Shotover Canyon walls tower over you, your expert driver puts your ‘Big Red’ through its paces and skillfully whips the Jet Boat past rocky outcrops, skims around crags and boulders, and speeds through the narrow canyons.
Rock faces blur in your peripheral vision, the opaque water sprays into myriads of white crystals with every turn, and you grip the hand rail for comfort and reassurance and then let out a whoop of excitement as your driver spins the boat around in its own boat length — wow, you've just experienced the World famous Shotover Jet full 360 degree spin. Hold on tight and enjoy the thrill as you spin and without losing momentum keep speeding along the river.
- Life jackets (mandatory)
- Full length spray jackets
- Secure lockers for valuables
- Complimentary shuttle transfers from the ‘The Station’ Information Centre, corner of Shotover and Camp Streets (departing up to every 15 minutes)
- Onsite specialised photography service will capture your experience and photos are available for no obligation viewing immediately after your trip
What to Bring:
- Sunglasses/glasses recommended year round
- Warm hat, jacket and gloves are recommended in winter months
- Small personal cameras are welcome aboard the Jet Boats at owners own risk
On site facilities:
Licensed Café – Cavell’s, specialised photography service, retail shop, toilets and plenty of outdoors area to watch the Jet Boats or enjoy the scenery.
Shotover Jets depart approximately 4 times per hour, every day of the year (weather and river conditions permitting) except Christmas day. Each boat carries up to 14 passengers.
Allow 1 hour 30 minutes for Queenstown return trip, including jet boat ride. This is 25 mins on the water!
Shotover Jet is located at Arthurs Point, 6kms from Queenstown, and is the only company permitted to operate in the spectacular Shotover River Canyons.
This trip is run in conjunction with another operator.
The jet boat was awesome. It goes stupidly fast and spins around and goes scarily close to the canyon walls. All good fun!
Chrispie, New ZealandMore Reviews