Canterbury High Country Tour
Lord of the Rings Tour
|Start / Finish:||Christchurch|
Departs daily from Christchurch at 9.00am, and Methven at 10:45am. Returns to Christchurch at 6.00pm (approx.) and Methven at 4:15pm (approx.).
Join the Lord of the Rings Tour and journey to the remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station, home of Mt Sunday; and see how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Immerse yourself in the natural, unspoilt beauty of this breathtaking area with its sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers and fresh, crisp mountain air.
• Full day tour from Christchurch or Methven
• Exciting 4WD adventure through several small streams and right onto Edoras itself.
• Take a short guided walk to stand on the summit of Edoras and enjoy as Eowyn did, the breathtaking 360º views.
• Behind the scenes photos of Edoras under construction - exclusive to us!
• See the Misty Mountains and the area that formed the backdrop to Helms Deep.
• Enjoy a delicious champagne picnic lunch on Edoras itself.
• Onboard DVD players to relive your favourite scenes.
• Handle movie replicas - Aragorn's Sword, Eowyn's Sword, Gimli's Axe, Gandalf's Staff, Flag of Rohan and map of Middle-earth.
• Unique Edoras merchandise is available to purchase.
• See for yourself why the actors and crew fell in love with this stunning location.
The vehicles are modern, comfortable and fully air-conditioned and are serviced on a regular basis to maintain the high quality of service. All vehicles are fitted with all the necessary safety equipment, including high frequency radio's connected to the Canterbury Mountain Radio Service with 24 hour telephone calling capability, so when you are 'off the beaten track' you are connected with the outside world at all times.
In an attempt to offset carbon footprint, vehicles have been switched to bio-diesel. Bio-diesel is made from recycled cooking oils from restaurants and hotels around Canterbury. We want to look after the pristine environments they travel into. Your dinner last night might be helping to fuel your exciting adventure today!
Tour price includes accommodation* pick up and drop off and a champagne picnic lunch.
*Accommodation pick ups in exterior Western suburbs of Christchurch and Methvan.
This tour is run in conjunction with another operator.